We need more hands on deck to execute current and new projects, read through the job description and reach out to learn more.
Entech Company overview
If a culture of innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Entech.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Entech’s position as a platform for operators and entrepreneurs to bring innovating ideas to market. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of Creativity, Competence, Results and Fun.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Entech, we are inspired by working together to bring innovative ideas to market!
The design and project engineer will execute New Product development Projects and Engineering change orders utilizing the company systems and processes. The typical project includes a technical feasibility study with conceptual design, simulations and calculations, detailed design with drawings for manufacturing, prototyping, functional testing and product validation process.
The Design and Project engineer ensures that the product is per internal standards and the customer specifications. Quality standards shall be maintained at an optimum level as well as correct materials to ensure product properties are compatible, and proper machining can be performed in the construction of the product.
The Design and Project engineer prepares and directs the preparation of design documents such as assembly drawings, Bill of Material, test procedures, technical datasheets, performance envelopes, design calculations and manufacturing drawings.
Individuals in this role will develop and maintain proficiency and competency in design and analysis, including standard analytical computations, 2D mechanical drafting, 3D modeling.
We are open for both junior and senior engineers. The compensation will be suited to reflect background.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Drive a culture based on Entech’s values and behaviors: Creativity, Competence, Results and Fun.
• Ensure product safety and regulatory compliance through implementation of rigorous design control procedures and protocols.
• Continuous improvement of the company’s processes and systems.
• Foster cooperation between departments with respect to the development of new designs and/or extension of existing product lines.
• Design new and modified iterations within our three established product lines; Fantom, Superstage and Bossa Nova.
• Through adherence to engineering standards and processes, perform and supervise design, calculations, prototyping and testing of new products.
• Participate in customer and vendor meetings to develop innovative projects.
• Execute Engineering Change Orders in collaboration with Product Line Managers.
• Manage projects involving qualification of new designs, including oversight of support resources and seeking guidance from technical specialists.
• BSc / MSc in Mechanical Engineering or other related experience / degree.
• Min 5 years of experience in engineering, design and qualification of downhole tools for the petroleum industry.
• Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational skills and ability to independently manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Accountability and execution for completing work timely.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to write clear and structured technical procedures and reports in English.
• Strong skills in mechanical design including mechanics of materials, drawing and machining practices, and modern manufacturing techniques.
• Experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD and EPDM.
• Willingness to travel up to 15%.
Work Location: Indre Arna, Bergen, Norway
Employment Type: Consultant / Hire
Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Jan 15th, 2020 - Send application and CV to apply for position
Contact person: Jan Tore Tveranger – Chief Technology Officer
[email protected] / +47 98 22 88 63
For more information about the company and technology: www.entechteam.com